Last Updated: 9/9/2021
INFORMATION EACHDAY COLLECTS
Personal Information. “Personal Information” means any information that may be used, either alone or in combination with other information, to personally identify an individual, including, but limited to, a first and last name, a phone number, a date of birth, an IP address, an email address, or other contact information.
Protected Health Information. “Protected Health Information” is a subset of Personal Information that is information about you, including demographic information, which identifies you and relates to your past, present, or future physical health or mental or to past, present, or future payment of health care services to you.
PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO EACHDAY
Registration and Account Information. If you register for an account with us, you may be requested to provide, and we will collect, your first and last name, email address, phone number, and other relevant contact information. We may also request Protected Health Information about any diagnoses you may have received related to attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (“ADHD”) and whether you are prescribed medication, which you may voluntarily provide to us.
Transactional Information. When you purchase a subscription on our Services, we collect information about the transaction, such as product description, price, subscription or free trial expiration date, and the time and date of the transaction.
Communications. When you contact EachDay in writing electronically or otherwise, we may collect any and all Personal Information contained in the message, including the sender’s name, email address(es), and any other identifying information contained within the message.
Customer Service and Support. If you call or otherwise interact with us seeking support for your use of our Services, we may collect the information you provide to us, and we may record telephone calls between you and our representatives for training and quality assurance purposes.
Other communications with us. We may collaborate with third parties in connection with providing our Services and these third parties may provide us information about you. For example, we may receive information about you from third parties (such as Apple’s HealthKit or Fitbit) if you have directed your information to be shared with us.
INFORMATION AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTED BY EACHDAY
Data Generated from Using Our Services. We may collect information that is generated during your interaction with our Services, such as data, keywords, search criteria, your schedule, frequency of use of our Services, data related to your routine as discernable from your interaction with our Services, and other information.
Location and Sensor Information. We may receive location information from you and other individuals who may access and use our Services. We may use this information for analytics purposes and to identify your time zone for usage purposes.
Device Information. We may collect information related to the device(s) used by you to access or interact with our Services, including your IP address, browser details, user settings, media access control (“MAC”) address, mobile operating system version, phone carrier and manufacturer, unique device identifiers, device type, cookie identifiers, mobile advertising, Internet service provider, pages that you visit before, during and after using our Services, information about the links clicked, information about all of your interactions with our Services, the frequency and duration of your activities, and other information about your use of our Services.
Cookies, Pixel Tags/Web Beacons, and Analytics Information. We may use Google Tag Manager, “cookies,” pixel tags, local storage, and other technologies (“Technologies”) individually or in combination with one another to automatically collect information through our Services.
Technologies are essentially small data files placed on your device that allow us and third parties to record certain pieces of information whenever you visit or interact with our Services. We use these Technologies to understand how you navigate through and interact with our Services, to learn about your use, for authentication, and to save your preferences.
Cookies are small text files that web servers place on your device. They are designed to store basic information and to help websites recognize your browser. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be accessed every time you use our Services.
A pixel tag (also known as a web beacon) is a piece of code embedded in our Services that collects information about user engagement with our Services. The use of a pixel tag allows us to record, for example, whether a user of our Services has visited a particular web page or clicked on a particular advertisement. We may also include web beacons in e-mails to understand whether messages have been opened, acted on, or forwarded.
HOW EACHDAY USES THE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect and may use your Personal Information for a variety of legitimate business purposes, including, but not limited to:
- To analyze how you use our Services;
- To respond to questions, comments, and other requests;
- To provide our Services’ functionalities and features;
- To provide assistance or technical support;
- To fulfill business interests, such as direct marketing, research, and development;
- To measure user engagement and develop statistics about usage of our Services;
- To improve our Services;
- To develop new products and content for our Services;
- To authenticate and verify individual identities on our Services;
- To carry out audits on our Services;
- To communicate with you about your account and activities on our Services;
- To maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our network, content, third parties, and users on our Services;
- To find and prevent fraud on our Services;
- To protect all users of our Services and protect our business;
- To provide account and network security;
- To enforce any legal terms that govern your use of our Services;
- To pay our taxes or fulfill our business obligations;
- To respond to requests by regulators, government entities, and official inquires; and
- To market our products and Services.
AGGREGATING AND/OR ANONYMIZING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may aggregate and/or anonymize Personal Information, so that it will no longer be considered Personal or Protected Health Information. We may use the information we collect in order to improve our Services, so that we are constantly improving the information we provide our users. Over the long term, this growing repository of information and experiences will accelerate our ability to provide better quality services to our users. We may use and disclose this information for any purpose, as it no longer identifies you or any other individual.
EACHDAY’S DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
We may share your Personal Information with the following categories of third parties, which is a non-exhaustive list subject to change from time to time:
Sharing with service providers. We may share any Personal Information we collect about you with our third-party service providers. The categories of service providers to whom we may entrust Personal Information include, but are not limited to, service providers for development, analytics, the provision of IT services and other related services.
Sharing for the protection of our Services or others. We may access, preserve, and disclose to external parties any information we store in association with you if we, in good faith, believe doing so is required or appropriate to: (i) comply with law enforcement, national security requests and/or legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (ii) protect your, our, or others’ rights, property, or safety; (iii) enforce our policies or contracts; (iv) collect amounts owed to us; (v) respond to an emergency which we believe in good faith requires us to disclose information to assist in preventing the death or serious bodily injury of any person; (vi) assist with an investigation and prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity; or (vii) investigate and defend ourselves or others against any third-party claims or allegations.
Sharing for reasons of merger, acquisition, among others. If in the future, our Services were to be involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, purchase or sale of assets, or transition of service to another entity, then your information may be sold or transferred as part of such a transaction, as permitted by law and/or contract.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AND APPLICATIONS
Our Services may contain links to third parties’ websites, products, or services that are beyond our control. Your use of these third parties’ websites, products, or services is subject to their respective privacy policies. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such third parties. We encourage you to read their privacy policies before giving them your information. We do not endorse, screen, review or approve these policies, and are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other websites or applications. Providing Personal Information to third-party websites or applications is at your own risk.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS AND CONSENT TO TRANSFER
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable laws, we do not accept liability for unauthorized disclosure.
If we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on our Services or by email, text message, push notification or alert, and any other form of electronic communication that now exists or will come to exist.
YOUR CHOICES WITH RESPECT TO PRIVACY
Subject to certain limits and conditions provided under law, you have the following rights regarding your information:
- You have the right to request the Personal Information we hold about you in a portable form;
- You have the right to request your Personal Information be corrected or erased, subject to any legal limitations or conditions; and
- You also have the right to object to certain data processing (like receiving promotional notifications from us).
GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION NOTICE
Under the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), as may be amended from time to time and subject to exceptions, European Union residents may have specific rights regarding their data, including:
- The right to be informed of the categories of Personal Information collected during interactions with our Services;
- The right to rectification of any inaccurate Personal Information;
- The right, in some cases, to erasure of your Personal Information upon request, except where any legal or legitimate grounds exist requiring EachDay to retain the Personal Information;
- The right, in some cases, to the restriction of the processing of your Personal Information;
- The right to data portability in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format;
- The right to object to the processing of your Personal Information by immediately notifying us at firstname.lastname@example.org and immediately stop accessing or using our Services;
- The right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority; and
- The right to give instructions concerning the use of your data after your death.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us as at email@example.com. We will process such requests in accordance with all applicable laws.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY NOTICE
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), as may be amended from time to time and subject to exceptions, California residents may have specific rights regarding their data, including:
- The right to know the categories of Personal Information collected during interactions with our Services;
- The categories of sources from which the Personal Information was obtained;
- The right to know the business purposes for sharing Personal Information;
- The right to know the categories of third parties with whom we have shared Personal Information;
- The right to access the specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected;
- The right to delete your Personal Information that has been shared; and
- The right to opt out of having your Personal Information sold.
We have addressed each of these rights above in greater detail above and incorporate them here by reference. Additionally, for purposes of the CCPA, we do not sell your Personal Information.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us as at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will process such requests in accordance with all applicable laws. California residents, like all of our users, have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of their rights conferred by the CCPA.